How Many Frames Are Needed to Show a 2 Hour Motion Picture on 35 cm Film?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RyanH42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Film Frame
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
RyanH42
Messages
398
Reaction score
16

Homework Statement


The height of motion picture film's frame is 35 cm.If 24 frame go by 1 sec calculate the total number of frames required to show ia 2h long motion picture.

Homework Equations


simple Equation which I don't need to write here I guess

The Attempt at a Solution


The Height of motion picture is 35 cm which is the confusing part for me.1 sec 24 frame goes mean 1 hour 24x3600 frame goes in 2 hour 2x24x3600.Is that true ?? .Is the height in there just a extra ?*
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I am not sure you included the full question. The total number of what? 35cm seems quite large for a frame?
You calculated the number of frames in 2 hours. 2*24*3600 frames. Is that what the question is asking for, or is it asking for the length of film on a reel?
 
I didnt understand too how can be 35 cm to film frame ?
 
RUber said:
I am not sure you included the full question. The total number of what? 35cm seems quite large for a frame?
You calculated the number of frames in 2 hours. 2*24*3600 frames. Is that what the question is asking for, or is it asking for the length of film on a reel?
Most motion pictures were shot on 35 mm film. A few blockbuster films also got copied to 70 mm film, both of which formats are considerably smaller than 35 cm filum.

It would take a crane to lift a can of 35 cm movie filum.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: RUber