How many HP(horse power)has a horse?

• Thread starter nicu
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the power of a horse, specifically how it is defined as 1 HP and its ability to pull a load of 75 kg. The participants also discuss the comparison between a horse and a man in terms of HP, and the speaker's interest in understanding how people from different backgrounds view the concept of horsepower.
nicu
an average one,not big or poney...

Physics news on Phys.org
The power of a horse is expected to be 1 HP by definition. 1 HP equals 736 W=736 J/s. If we use a horse ( and pulley and rope) to pull up a load of 75 kg, it can pull it about 1 meter per minute! A strong horse I think.

so is it over there?
here a man could do 1 HP...

Not continuously he can't. Did you read the wiki on this?

sorry,i have experience,i don`t need others to tell me things i know...

nicu said:
sorry,i have experience,i don`t need others to tell me things i know...

Then why did you ask the question?

i wanted ti see how far are people from the former rural world,sorry...

i wanted to see it,sorry...

nicu said:
i wanted ti see how far are people from the former rural world,sorry...

What? Where is the "former rural world"? Physics Forums is visited by people from all over the world, and the laws of physics are the same for everyone.

1. How is horsepower measured for a horse?

Horsepower for a horse is typically measured by calculating the amount of weight a horse can pull or carry, divided by the time it takes to do so. This is then compared to the standard unit of horsepower, which is equivalent to 550 foot-pounds per second.

2. How much horsepower does a horse have?

The amount of horsepower a horse has can vary depending on its breed, size, and physical condition. On average, a horse can produce between 1 to 15 horsepower.

3. How does a horse's horsepower compare to other animals?

Horsepower is a unit of measurement specific to engines and machines, so it cannot be directly compared to the strength of other animals. However, horses are known for their agility and speed, making them ideal for tasks that require horsepower.

4. Can a horse's horsepower be increased through training?

Yes, a horse's horsepower can be increased through training, exercise, and proper nutrition. Just like humans, horses can improve their physical strength and endurance through consistent training.

5. Is there a maximum limit to how much horsepower a horse can have?

There is no specific maximum limit to how much horsepower a horse can have, as it depends on various factors such as genetics, training, and physical condition. However, it is important to note that pushing a horse beyond its natural limits can be harmful and should be avoided.