How many of you are employed in your field?

  • Thread starter Thread starter StatGuy2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Field

Are you currently employed in the field for which you have studied?

  • Yes, I am employed in my specialty field.

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • No, I am employed in an area outside of my specialty field.

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No, I am currently unemployed.

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No, I am still currently pursuing my education.

    Votes: 12 42.9%

  • Total voters
    28
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
1,156
Hi everyone. I have started this poll to gauge, among the Physicsforums community, how many of you are employed in the field that you have studied. For example, if you have completed a physics PhD, are you currently in a field directly related to your education (e.g. national labs, universities, etc.)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am one of those on record as being unemployed, but that is only because I am retired. As long as I was working, I was always appropriately employed.
 
In few months will have completed a PhD in Economics, and already accepted an offer in my field.