How much lift is required to fly at level unaccelerated flight

In summary, this is a conversation about an individual asking for the answer to a physics problem. The person providing assistance does not give out answers, but instead suggests looking at a more basic concept and narrowing down the numbers given in the question to find the answer. The answer is given in the question itself.
juelz
if an aircraft with a coefficient of lift of 0.05322 is traveling at the velocity of 240 kts at sea level, how much lift is required to fly at level unaccelerated flight if the aircraft weighs 800 lbs? (hint: trick question)

Physics news on Phys.org
Please show some intial working or thoughts...

HINT: The answer is given in the question

~H

Last edited:
i need the answer..i can't even understand the sentence, its for something I am doing online, can u answer it for m,e please

We don't give out answers here, we're here to help you understand the subject matter, not to do the question for you. However, the answer really is in the question. If you don't understand try drawing a free body diagram.

~H

BIG HINT: What can you say about the forces acting on an aircraft in straight and level flight (no acceleration)?

what is a free body diagram, LOL!

i do not study physics nor am i close...i need the answer for something i am doing online, can you answer it for me, telling me to work on it won't help since it would be like speaking chinese to someone only fluent in english :)

Again, we don't do the problems for you.

If you don't know what a free body diagram is, I suggest you look at something a little more basic. You can't start in the middle of a book and expect it to make sense.

ONCE AGAIN, I am not doing homework..i didnt even put it in the homework section, I am not picking up any book nor is this going to help me in anyway schoolwise since i don't even take physcics, i asked for help, if you don't want to help then whatever duke

juelz said:
ONCE AGAIN, I am not doing homework..i didnt even put it in the homework section, I am not picking up any book nor is this going to help me in anyway schoolwise since i don't even take physcics, i asked for help, if you don't want to help then whatever duke

The answer is quite literally given in the question, since there are only 3 numbers in the question it can't be too hard to narrow them down. You want lift, lift is a force so which of the numbers given in the question has units of force? That's your answer.

1. How is lift related to flying at level unaccelerated flight?

Lift is the force that opposes the weight of an object, such as an airplane. In order for an airplane to maintain level unaccelerated flight, the lift force must be equal to the weight of the airplane. If the lift force is less than the weight, the airplane will descend. If the lift force is greater than the weight, the airplane will ascend.

2. What factors affect the amount of lift required for level unaccelerated flight?

The amount of lift required for level unaccelerated flight is affected by the weight of the airplane, the speed of the airplane, the shape and size of the wings, and the density of the air. All of these factors must be taken into account in order for an airplane to maintain level flight.

3. How does air density affect the amount of lift required for level unaccelerated flight?

Air density plays a significant role in the amount of lift required for level unaccelerated flight. In denser air, there is more air molecules present, which allows for a greater amount of lift to be produced. In thinner air, such as at higher altitudes, less lift is produced and the airplane may need to increase speed to maintain level flight.

4. Can an airplane fly without any lift?

No, an airplane cannot fly without any lift. Lift is necessary to oppose the weight of the airplane and keep it in the air. Without lift, the airplane would simply fall to the ground due to the force of gravity.

5. How does the angle of attack affect the amount of lift required for level unaccelerated flight?

The angle of attack, which is the angle at which the wing meets the oncoming air, affects the amount of lift required for level unaccelerated flight. A greater angle of attack can increase the lift force, but if the angle is too high, the airflow over the wing can become disrupted and decrease the lift force. Pilots must carefully control the angle of attack to maintain level flight.