How Much Pressure Is Needed to Inject Water at 1.5g/s Through a Tiny Needle?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 9K views
SoccaCrazy24
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
A patient is given an injection with a hypodermic needle 3.2 cm long and 0.25 mm in diameter. Assuming the solution being injected has the same density and viscosity as water at 20°C, find the pressure difference needed to inject the solution at the rate of 1.5 g/s.

ok I have the equation V = [(P1-P2)(pi*r^4)]/(8*n*L)
(P1-P2)= pressure difference
r= .000125 m
n= .0010055
L= .032 m
I do not know how I am suppose to transform 1.5g/s to m/s because I am unsure of how to transfer grams to meters... once i get that I can find the difference in pressure...

In a similar problem with diameter being .28mm the answer came out to be 320kPa... help?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Pressure energy is converted into kinetic energy.
To convert volume flow into velocity, you can consider:

[tex]\dot{V}= A\cdot v[/tex]