Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How should I go about learning electronics/computer hardware

1. Sep 2, 2015 #1
    Hi, I have been interested in electronics and computer hardware for some time now. I'm will be going to school for engineering/programming; however, until then, I would like to engage in a few side projects to gain some concrete experiences within this domain. Specifically, I kind of want to get into robotics, but I am in need of some guidance here. Does the Physics Forum's community have any recommended books/courses/projects to get a good broad foundation for robotics/electronics/computer hardware?

Thanks, have a good one!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2015 #2

donpacino

Gold Member

buy an ardunio and start making stuff.
    there are a lot of simple guides and tutorials online

4. Sep 3, 2015 #3

meBigGuy

Gold Member

I agree about diving in with an Arduino, but I always add:

Look through online arduino projects until you find one that is compelling to you. No matter what, the first thing you will do is press a button to light an LED, but do it as part of a project that interests you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook