1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to begin learning calculus at an early age?

1. Jul 18, 2015 #1
    I am a thirteen year old passionate to learn calculus(and possibly programming) but i do not know how to start. Please help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2015 #2
  4. Jul 18, 2015 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

The minimum you need is good understanding and skill in Intermediate Algebra and good understanding of basic Trigonometry and have practiced its exercises. Those alone are not enough for everybody. Most people need academic development from full courses of Geometry, and Elementary Functions/Pre-Calculus/College Algebra & Trigonometry, before beginning to study Calculus. (this all applies to learning Calculus; not "programming").

5. Jul 18, 2015 #4
    I suggest "Basic Mathematics" by Serge Lang and ""Pre-Calculus in a Nutshell" by George Simmon. Those two books will thoroughly prepare you for the 1-variable calculus at the computational level. They should take you month or two.

6. Jul 19, 2015 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook