How to bookmark a thread?

• Thread starter PeroK
  • Start date
In summary, bookmarking a thread on PF can easily be done through a web browser by clicking the "add bookmark" icon to the left of the post number in the header above every post. These bookmarks can be viewed from your profile. Additionally, you can also use the "Watch" button above the posts on a page to mark a topic as a bookmark. Another option is to click the timestamp of a post and copy the link to bookmark it. The software may not have clear instructions on how to use this feature, but it can be found under the "Watched Thread" option in the FORUMS tab.
PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2023 Award
How do I bookmark a thread?

More generally, how could I find out how to do something like bookmark without posting a question?

Physics news on Phys.org
PeroK said:

More generally, how could I find out how to do something like bookmark without posting a question?
You may mean, how to mark a topic and connect it to what you want to check within the forum, on the forum, and this I do not know; but marking a page as a bookmark can easily be done through a web browser. You can then go directly to your desired bookmarked item using your browser.

PeroK said:

I know another thing you can do. Find a topic of interest, and click a Reaction response to one of the posts in the topic. This way, you should be shown Alerts when you are signed into Physicsforums.

symbolipoint said:
You may mean, how to mark a topic and connect it to what you want to check within the forum, on the forum, and this I do not know; but marking a page as a bookmark can easily be done through a web browser. You can then go directly to your desired bookmarked item using your browser.
There's a PF bookmark option. I have already got several threads bookmarked, but I can't find how to add any more.

Also, the software itself seems to have no help pages on how to use it. Or, at least, I can't find any.

There is an “add bookmark” icon just to left of the post number in the header above every post. View your bookmarks from your profile.

• Informative
Likes berkeman, Wrichik Basu and PeroK
PeroK said:
There's a PF bookmark option. I have already got several threads bookmarked, but I can't find how to add any more.

Also, the software itself seems to have no help pages on how to use it. Or, at least, I can't find any.
Interesting! Look at the "tabs" at the top of a PF page. Find the FORUMS tab. Click the down-arrow. You see an item called, "Watched Thread". We might need some explanation but on any topic that you are looking at as open in your browser, you should find just above the posts on the page, a button for "Watch". I believe but not sure, clicking that is how to make the topic as the same as a bookmark.

Nugatory said:
There is an “add bookmark” icon just to left of the post number in the header above every post. View your bookmarks from your profile.
Thanks. I'm really bad at seeing things like that.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Nugatory said:
Excellent! Now I see it, too. The shape just does not make me think, "Favorites" nor "Bookmark".

1665209700716.png

1665209736460.png

In case someone will find it useful

Likes Wrichik Basu and Nugatory

1. How do I bookmark a thread?

To bookmark a thread, you can click on the star icon located next to the thread title. This will add the thread to your bookmarks for easy access in the future.

2. Can I bookmark a thread on any device?

Yes, most websites allow you to bookmark a thread on any device, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Just look for the star icon next to the thread title.

3. Will bookmarking a thread save my place in the discussion?

Bookmarking a thread will save the thread itself, but it will not save your place in the discussion. You will still need to scroll to find where you left off in the conversation.

4. How many threads can I bookmark?

The number of threads you can bookmark may vary depending on the website or platform you are using. However, most websites do not have a limit on the number of threads you can bookmark.

5. Can I organize my bookmarked threads into folders?

Some websites may allow you to organize your bookmarked threads into folders for easier navigation. If this feature is available, you can typically do so by clicking on the star icon and selecting the option to create a new folder or add the thread to an existing folder.