1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to calculate , acceleration, force, momentum and impulse?

1. Sep 24, 2007 #1
    How to calculate , acceleration, force, momentum and impulse???

I'm supposed to be able to calculate all of these things: velocity, acceleration, force, momentum and impulse. However, the physics course I'm taking explains it horribly!
    I think the formulas are: distance over time= velocity, change in velocity over change in time= accleration, but i don't know if those are right and can't find the ones for force, momentum and implse. Please help!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2007 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

4. Sep 24, 2007 #3
    And for those of you who need these formulas too: force is mass times acceleration. I think. You should check that.

5. Sep 24, 2007 #4
    And :The formula for force: force= mass x acceleration
    The formula for momentum: momentum= mass x velocity
    The formula for impulse: average force x time

6. Sep 24, 2007 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

libertylovescie, we appreciate your exhuberance, but please refrain from posting the basic information. Most of us already know this material.

Please study it off-line and ask questions when something is not clear.

7. Feb 3, 2009 #6
    Re: How to calculate , acceleration, force, momentum and impulse???

That information was useful to me lol

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?