1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to calculate the acceleration force

1. Nov 20, 2015 #1
    Hi Guys & Girls,

Hereby, I am a newbie in this forum and I have a question which is regarding how to calculate the deceleration gravity force. Below is the information that I have,
    1. Acceleration Speed = 40 km/hr
    2. Tonne of the load on truck = 1,516 kg

So, is there any of the formulation to calculate the gravity force of the impact to the load? in "g" forces.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2015 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello GG, :welcome:

Sorry to disappoint you in this your first post: You don't have enough information. Also, your problem description is a bit cryptic: is it the whole story ?
    And: 40 km/h is a speed, not an "acceleration speed" -- a term I don't recognize even after many years in physics

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. Nov 20, 2015 #3

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

+1

At a constant speed the g force on the load is zero.

5. Nov 20, 2015 #4

Mister T

Science Advisor

The mass is 1516 kg. The speed is 40 km/h.

What kind of impact are you talking about? If you want to know the force or the acceleration you need more information, such as the amount of time involved.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted