How to calculate the acceleration force

In summary, the conversation is about calculating the deceleration gravity force in a truck carrying a load of 1516 kg at a speed of 40 km/h. However, there is not enough information to accurately calculate the force or acceleration. The poster also needs to specify the type of impact they are referring to and provide more details in order to get a proper answer.
Guine Ghee
Hi Guys & Girls,

Hereby, I am a newbie in this forum and I have a question which is regarding how to calculate the deceleration gravity force. Below is the information that I have,
1. Acceleration Speed = 40 km/hr
2. Tonne of the load on truck = 1,516 kg

So, is there any of the formulation to calculate the gravity force of the impact to the load? in "g" forces.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello GG, :welcome:

Sorry to disappoint you in this your first post: You don't have enough information. Also, your problem description is a bit cryptic: is it the whole story ?
And: 40 km/h is a speed, not an "acceleration speed" -- a term I don't recognize even after many years in physics

Last edited:
+1

At a constant speed the g force on the load is zero.

Guine Ghee said:
Hi Guys & Girls,

Hereby, I am a newbie in this forum and I have a question which is regarding how to calculate the deceleration gravity force. Below is the information that I have,
1. Acceleration Speed = 40 km/hr
2. Tonne of the load on truck = 1,516 kg

So, is there any of the formulation to calculate the gravity force of the impact to the load? in "g" forces.

The mass is 1516 kg. The speed is 40 km/h.

What kind of impact are you talking about? If you want to know the force or the acceleration you need more information, such as the amount of time involved.

1. What is acceleration force?

Acceleration force is a physical quantity that describes the rate at which an object's velocity changes over time. It is commonly denoted by the symbol "a" and measured in units of meters per second squared (m/s^2).

2. How do you calculate the acceleration force?

The acceleration force can be calculated using the equation F=ma, where F is the force applied to the object, m is the mass of the object, and a is the acceleration of the object. This equation is known as Newton's second law of motion.

3. What factors affect the acceleration force?

The acceleration force is affected by the mass of the object and the net force applied to it. The direction of the net force also plays a role, as it determines the direction of the acceleration.

4. How is acceleration force related to velocity?

Acceleration force is directly proportional to the change in velocity over time. This means that the greater the acceleration force, the greater the change in velocity will be in a given amount of time.

5. How is acceleration force different from velocity?

Velocity is a measure of the speed and direction of an object's motion, while acceleration force is a measure of the rate at which an object's velocity changes. In other words, velocity tells us how fast an object is moving, while acceleration force tells us how quickly it is speeding up or slowing down.