How to calculate the force of a charge through its kinetic Energy?

I think your approach is correct. However, the last step you mentioned (W = int(F.ds) ------> ((-1/2)mVo^2)/(ΔS)= F) may be incorrect. The final expression should be F = -dU/ds. So the final equation should be F = (-mVo^2)/r^2.In summary, the problem involves calculating the force of a point charge using the relationship between force and kinetic energy, and relating work to force using the equation W=ΔEk. The initial kinetic energy is zero, and the final equation for force is F = (-mVo^2)/r^2. Q1 and Q2 are fixed charges, while Q3 is considered as
MichaelC960
Good Afternoon
Is it correct to calculate the force of a point charge by relating the force to the kinetic energy and this with its derivative? I have the graphic V/r (Velocity Vs Space), want to calculate force, relate work with force in this way: W=ΔEk, in my case the kinetic energy initial is zero, W=(-1/2)mVo^2.
So W= int(F.ds) ------> ((-1/2)mVo^2)/(ΔS)= F.
I'm not sure about this last step, specifically when deriving (-1/2)mVo^2 = int (F.ds)

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I moved your thread to our homework section.

I’m confused by your notation. What is Vo^2?
Can you post the full original problem statement?

mfb said:
mfb said:
I moved your thread to our homework section.

I’m confused by your notation. What is Vo^2?
Thank you. And Vo^2 es (Initial Velocity). The problem original it is: https://ibb.co/bwkzy6

1.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 319
How did you find the velocity as function of space without calculating the energy or the force first?

The problem statement doesn't say anything about initial speeds, and it doesn't tell us if Q1 and Q2 are fixed (I guess they are).

mfb said:
How did you find the velocity as function of space without calculating the energy or the force first?

The problem statement doesn't say anything about initial speeds, and it doesn't tell us if Q1 and Q2 are fixed (I guess they are).
Yes, Q1 and Q2 are fixed. But Q3 is considered as an electron (mass and charge) de Q3.
I calculate the speed as a function of the position using energy conservation, where the initial kinetic energy is zero (starts at rest), and use the electric potential energy U = kQq / r and find the speed as a function of the position.
Sorry for not writing down all the data from the beginning.

Finding the force directly or from the potential energy is easier than finding it from the kinetic energy.

Likes MichaelC960

1. What is the formula for calculating the force of a charge through its kinetic energy?

The formula for calculating the force of a charge through its kinetic energy is F = qvB, where F is the force, q is the charge, v is the velocity, and B is the magnetic field strength.

2. How do you determine the direction of the force using this formula?

The direction of the force can be determined using the right hand rule. Point your thumb in the direction of the velocity, your index finger in the direction of the magnetic field, and your middle finger will point in the direction of the force.

3. Can this formula be used for both positive and negative charges?

Yes, this formula can be used for both positive and negative charges. The direction of the force will be opposite for a negative charge, as determined by the right hand rule.

4. How does the charge's velocity affect the force?

The charge's velocity has a direct effect on the force. The greater the velocity, the greater the force will be. This can be seen in the formula, as the velocity is a factor in determining the force.

5. Is there a different formula for calculating the force of a charge in an electric field?

Yes, the formula for calculating the force of a charge in an electric field is F = Eq, where F is the force, E is the electric field strength, and q is the charge. This formula is used for charges moving through an electric field, while the previous formula is used for charges moving through a magnetic field.