How to Calculate the Force of Flowing Gaseous Oxygen?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Seaningtime
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Force Oxygen
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Seaningtime
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I am trying to calculate the force that gaseous oxygen would exert if it were to flow from a tube and come to a restriction in that tube.

I'm not sure if I am correct in my thinking, but so far, I think that the flow can be calculated by the size and length of the restriction, and then the pressure based on that flow

Pousielle's-->
Flow= (delta pressure * pi * r^4) / 8 * l * n

And from that flow you should be able to calculate the force

Force= density * flow volume * delta velocityNow, I'm thinking that this would work, but I'm not certain.
Any help would be appreciated!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm also just confused as to which units I should be using for pressure, n, and what units flow will end up as?
Thanks