How to Calculate Voltage and Current in a Circuit with a Diagram?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Busybee12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circuits Diagram
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Busybee12
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



For the circuit shown below, determine
i) The voltage (V) at points Y and Z.
ii) The current through each resistor.

Homework Equations



V=IR, I=V/R, R=V/I

The Attempt at a Solution



For (i) do I have to split into series and parallel?
 
Attachments
  • ScreenHunter_09 May. 22 14.55.jpg
    ScreenHunter_09 May. 22 14.55.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 497
Physics news on Phys.org
Busybee12 said:
For (i) do I have to split into series and parallel?
The circuit is already split into series and parallel. To make some calculations in (i) easier, you'll want to [temporarily] combine some of the parallel paths into a single resistance.