Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to compute the vertices from interaction lagrangian?

1. Jul 9, 2015 #1
    Hello all,
    If I am having the the effective lagrangian which is actually free + interaction lagrangian (obtained from the minimal substitution for pseudoscalar and vector mesons). then how to compute the vertices of the interaction ?
    I have taken into consideration of all symmetry breaking terms. How to construct the effective meson vertices to evaluate various feynman diagram for any meson scattering.

thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2015 #2

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This should be explained in any QFT textbook and is no different from deriving the Feynman rules for the Lagrangian before symmetry breaking. What textbook are you using?

4. Jul 9, 2015 #3
    Hello
    Thank you for your response.
    I am using Peskin, Ashok Das, Itzykson & zuber.
    I understood that things.
    But I am studying the scattering of mesons. In which I know the interaction lagrangian. Now from that how to calculate the lagrangian for different vertices.
    For example I am studying A+B -> C+D. say by exchange of E mesons. I know total lagrangian which is Lo+Lint. So how to compute the lagrangian for AEC, BED vertices ?

Thank you in advance.

5. Jul 9, 2015 #4
    Look for the piece proportional to the fields A E C, this will give you the vertex piece. Do the same for B E D, then you just have to add the E propagator from the 2 point function for E (from the kinetic piece and mass term for E if they exist)

6. Jul 9, 2015 #5
    Hello
    Thank you very much for the response
    I will try this and will come back to you soon.
    Thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook