How to Evaluate the Integral of dz/(2+z*) for C Given by z=1?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Formula Integral
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
pone
Messages
6
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


evaluate :

integral of closed curve dz/(2+z*) (sorry for the lack of syntax
where C is given by z=1


Homework Equations



Cauchy's integral formula

The Attempt at a Solution


I believe I have to change the denominator in terms of z rather than z*, but I do not know how. Any help?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
z* is not an analytic function of z, however if z is on the unit circle, then you can find a suitable analytic expression for z* in terms of z (which is then only valid on the unit circle).

Hint: consider the expressions of z and z* in polar coordinates.