• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

How to find power and voltage using the mesh current method?

Member advised to use the formatting template for all homework help requests
Hi. I am practising for my test and since I don't have the correct answers, I don't know if what I'm doing is right.

I tried to solve this problem, can you check it and correct if it's wrong?
unUAKCg.png

Here's a clearer picture of the circuit.
aYSEOEy.png

I suspect Uab isn't right, but am not sure. Thanks!

EDIT: My work picture link was wrong, sorry.

Attachments

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Thanks for posting in homework, but you deleted the template. Most important, you didn't show us your work. Our rules do not allow helpers to help until you show your attempt at solution first. In other words, we don't do the problem for you. We help you to solve it.

Thanks for posting in homework, but you deleted the template. Most important, you didn't show us your work. Our rules do not allow helpers to help until you show your attempt at solution first. In other words, we don't do the problem for you. We help you to solve it.
Sorry, the link showing my work was somehow private, I fixed it.

gneill
Mentor
Your results look good.

Alright, if I wanted to get P for the current source, I'd have to first get the voltage for that current source, there's no way around that, right?

gneill
Mentor
Alright, if I wanted to get P for the current source, I'd have to first get the voltage for that current source, there's no way around that, right?
Well, no way that's any simpler.