Node Analysis on Circuit: Solving for R3 Current

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of analyzing a circuit using node analysis and mesh analysis. The person is unsure about how to do node analysis but was able to solve for the current in R3 using mesh analysis. There is some uncertainty about the validity of the question and the current flow in the circuit.
Rigar
Warned, no template, no effort
I have no idea how to do the node analysis for this circuit. I have done the mesh analysis and got the current in R3 to be 4A is this right?

Attachments

• IMG_20180815_235433.jpg
    IMG_20180815_235433.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 258
Physics news on Phys.org
I know that there are two exceptional nodes at the center and at the first the voltage is 2v and the voltage drop across R4 is 60v

Our helpers are not allowed to help until you show your own attempt at the solution.

So
Node 1: (V2-10)/3=5
Node 2: ((V2-10)/3)-(V2/4)+((V2-V3)/10)
Node 3 (V3-V2)/10=-6

Rigar said:
I have no idea how to do the node analysis for this circuit. I have done the mesh analysis and got the current in R3 to be 4A is this right?

This question doesn't look right to me. Shouldn't the current flow toward the bottom right? Let's see what others think but I think this question is suspect.

I have solved it now. I just ignored the first node solved the second and third and got 4 A.

1. How do I solve for the current through R3 in a circuit using Node Analysis?

In order to solve for the current through R3 using Node Analysis, you will need to apply Kirchhoff's Current Law (KCL) at the node where R3 is connected. This involves writing an equation that sets the sum of all currents entering the node equal to the sum of all currents leaving the node. You will also need to use Ohm's Law to relate the current through R3 to the voltage drop across it.

2. What are the steps involved in performing Node Analysis on a circuit?

The steps for performing Node Analysis on a circuit are as follows:

• Choose a node as the reference node and label it as 0V.
  • Identify all the nodes in the circuit and label them with a unique name or number.
  • Apply KCL at each non-reference node, writing an equation that relates the currents entering and leaving the node.
  • Solve the resulting system of equations to find the unknown node voltages.
  • Use Ohm's Law to calculate the currents through any resistors in the circuit.

3. Can I use Node Analysis to solve for the current through any resistor in a circuit?

Yes, Node Analysis can be used to solve for the current through any resistor in a circuit as long as you correctly apply KCL at the node where the resistor is connected and use Ohm's Law to relate the current to the voltage drop across the resistor. However, it is often more efficient to use other analysis techniques, such as Mesh Analysis, for certain types of circuits.

4. What are the limitations of Node Analysis?

Node Analysis is limited in its ability to solve for the currents and voltages in a circuit when there are dependent sources present. In these cases, other analysis techniques, such as Superposition or Thevenin's Theorem, may be more suitable. Additionally, Node Analysis can become more complex and time-consuming for circuits with a large number of nodes.

5. How do I choose a reference node for Node Analysis?

The choice of reference node is arbitrary and will not affect the final results of Node Analysis. However, it is often helpful to choose a node that is connected to the most number of branches in the circuit, as this will result in fewer equations to solve. It is also important to ensure that no dependent sources are connected to the reference node.