How to find the Inverse Laplace Transform of this function?

In summary, the conversation was about obtaining the t-domain function for a given function ƒ(s). The solution is known to be periodic, but the person asking for help did not provide any attempt at solving the problem. The responder reminded them of the forum rules and suggested starting a new thread with a proper attempt at solving the problem.
karthik96

Homework Statement

ƒ(s) = 1/((1-exp(-s))*(1+s))​

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I know the solution is periodic but how to obtain the t-domain function?

Physics news on Phys.org
karthik96 said:

Homework Statement

ƒ(s) = 1/((1-exp(-s))*(1+s))​

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I know the solution is periodic but how to obtain the t-domain function?

You are required to show your work first, before asking for help here.

Ray Vickson said:
You are required to show your work first, before asking for help here.
I don't know where to start. I thought that was obvious. Anyway, thanks for nothing. If you didn't know the answer to the problem, you'd have done well to not bother replying at all.

karthik96 said:
I don't know where to start. I thought that was obvious. Anyway, thanks for nothing. If you didn't know the answer to the problem, you'd have done well to not bother replying at all.

I do, indeed, know the answer, but PF rules forbid anybody from offering you help unless you first show some work. The statement that you have no idea how or where to start (or equivalent) is regarded as invalid here, and can be taken as grounds for removal of your post (not by me, but by the moderators). See the thread "Hey I posted here but now its gone", near the beginning of these messages.

Thread closed for Moderation.

@karthik96 -- Please start a new thread with this question, and this time fill out your Attempt at a Solution. We do not allow schoolwork threads that start with "I have no idea"...

1. What is the Inverse Laplace Transform?

The Inverse Laplace Transform is a mathematical operation that transforms a function from the complex frequency domain to the time domain. It is used to find the original function from its Laplace transform.

2. How do you find the Inverse Laplace Transform?

To find the Inverse Laplace Transform of a function, you need to use a table of Laplace transforms or a formula. You can also use partial fraction decomposition and the convolution theorem to simplify the process.

3. What is the Laplace Transform table?

The Laplace Transform table is a list of common functions and their corresponding Laplace transforms. It is often used as a reference when finding the Inverse Laplace Transform of a function.

4. What is partial fraction decomposition?

Partial fraction decomposition is a method used to break down a rational function into simpler fractions. It is often used in finding the Inverse Laplace Transform of a function, as it simplifies the process by breaking down the function into smaller, more manageable parts.

5. What is the convolution theorem?

The convolution theorem states that the Laplace transform of the convolution of two functions is equal to the product of their individual Laplace transforms. This theorem is often used in finding the Inverse Laplace Transform of a function, as it allows for the simplification of complex functions.