How to go about asking for an internship while still being in high school?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
romsofia
Gold Member
Messages
603
Reaction score
337
I REALLY want to try for an internship this summer with something to do with physics, and I think I made a thread about this already, but how should I actually do this? Should I bring up that I'm currently auditing an intro to QM class at so and so university, or keep that out? Or should I just bring up that I'm interested in an internship because I like physics?

Any help is appreciated!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Anything that could be useful. Yes, knowing quantum mechanics helps, knowing calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, and whatever other relevant mathematics helps. If you know how to program that's a plus. When you're emailing people, though, don't write a wall of text, otherwise you're very likely to be ignored. Also, see if you can put off mentioning that you're in high school until the middle-ish of your email, since a lot of people won't even give you a chance once they read 'High school kid wanting to intern' in the subject or first sentence.