1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics How to go further in physics and prepare for the future?

1. Oct 9, 2012 #1
    Hi, I'm 15 years old, and I'm sure I want to be a physicist. I was wondering if I could get advice on what steps I should be taking right now.
    Should I start looking for internships? If so, what are good places to go in the U.S.? (Please don't just say NASA). Also, what's the whole internship process like? How can I have a good chance of getting into somewhere?
    What classes should I take before the end of high school?
    What are good colleges to go to if I want to major in physics?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2012 #2
    Feel free to give me advice on even one of those categories by the way. Anything would help!

4. Oct 11, 2012 #3
    If your state has a high school summer science program participate in that. Do science fairs and Intel talent searches.

Standard college prep program. Calculus if your school offers it.

Undergraduate programs are pretty standard, and the number of decent programs are too many to list. The main criterion for college is one that will not have you hating physics when you graduate. A lot of what consists of a "good college" depends on the individual and what works for one person can be heck for someone else.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook