Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

C/++/# How to install x11 headers on android?

1. Sep 26, 2016 #1
    Hello,

I'm using cppdroid and wrote a c code running a window on x11 (originally Ubuntu Linux) and installed a xserver on android. How could i compile this code on Android knowing it lacks the x11 headers ? Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2016 #2

Krylov

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Maybe this is a silly suggestion, but would it be possible (and easier) to cross compile?

4. Sep 27, 2016 #3
    I don't know what you mean by this. Is it to compile under linux and put the executable on android ?

5. Sep 27, 2016 #4

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Yes. Many compilers will let you specify the target architecture of code you're compiling. Ordinarily, when your compiler is running on a particular OS, the code you compile will run on that same OS. A cross compiler will generate code that will run under a different OS/architecture.

I'm not familiar with X11, but if your code is intended to run on Android, I'm reasonably sure it has the same or similar functionality as is available in X11.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted