How to meet other physicists/mathematicans?

• I
  • Thread starter cuallito
  • Start date
What do physicist/mathematician types tend to do for social activities? Physics conferences? I have a physics degree myself and it would be nice to "talk shop" with others.

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
What do physicist/mathematician types tend to do for social activities? Physics conferences? I have a physics degree myself and it would be nice to "talk shop" with others.
Physicists tend to travel in herds, being unlike other humans.

Ok, that was sarcastic. Physicists are no different than other humans, having as many interests as other humans. If you wish to find physicists to speak to, we have them here.

Likes jedishrfu
I think they call those groups a pride of physicists... Or is that a pride of programmers and a forum of physicists...

Likes Evo
I have met a lot of physics and engineering students in cafes. Find the coffee houses where people study, and discreetly observe the books they have on their tables. Or bait them by arranging a few books of your own on your table.

collinsmark
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Likes Mmm_Pasta and Enigman
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This physicist tends to go to Walt Disney World 2-3 times a year. So you can find me there to talk shop.

BTW, you found this forum, and there's quite a number of physicists on here to talk shop with.

Zz.