Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to set the frequency of a switch in NI Multisim software

1. Aug 13, 2015 #1
    I am a new user of Multisim and I am trying to make a buck converter. In other softwares, such as pspice I was able to control the switching frequency by editing properties but in Multisim, most of the switches are user interactive. I want to set frequency of 50 Hz in a switch. Kindly help me out.

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Aug 19, 2015 #3
    Yeah I came to know the answer. Since in Multisim, the switches are interactive in nature so, in order to set the switching frequency, we have to use a transistor and apply a Clock Voltage to its source. We can then set the desired frequency in clock voltage source and get the required output.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook