1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to study the feynman lectures?

1. Dec 28, 2008 #1
    I got my final pick of books as extra readings/studying to supplement my rather deficient Physics C class. It's the Feynman lectures on Physics and Irodov problem book (and when my calculus is ready, I'll tackle Introduction to Mechanics by Kleppner and Kolenkow)

How do you think should I approach both books? What is a good way to study them? Should I start reading Feynman before the Physics C class covers that topic, or after we covered the topic in class? BTW, I already had a physics course last year (physics B, so I have a pretty broad base).

Do you think it's better to do all or most of the Irodov problems from 1 section, and then move on, or make a pick from each sections to get a more comprehensive view of physics?

Thanks.

PS: for anyone who solves Irodov problems, I feel your masochistic pain :) ; they are tough but super cool at the same time. I'm so happy with the book, I finally get to maximally use the calculus tools we learn!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 29, 2008 #2

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Doing all the problems in Irodov would take too long. Do a few problems until you feel comfortable with the material and move on to the next topic.

4. Dec 29, 2008 #3
    I know that love. The pleasure which you get in solving them is just superb. The beauty of the nature is unveiled for an undergrad student by irodov.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?