How to Use Elliptic Curve Cryptography to Find Inverses and Points on the Curve?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter vokoyo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cryptography Curve
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
vokoyo
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
May I know how to solve the equation as below:

(1) y2 = x3 + x + 1 mod 17

Finding Inverses
Finding Points on the Curve

(2) y2 = x3 + 3x + 1 mod 13

Finding Inverses
Finding Points on the Curve
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
vokoyo said:
May I know how to solve the equation as below:

(1) y2 = x3 + x + 1 mod 17

Finding Inverses
Finding Points on the Curve

Hi vokoyo,

How about filling in $x=0, ..., 16$.
Those are all the relevant possibilities for $x$.
After that the same results will appear periodically.

That way we find all the points on the curve.
And from the results we can also find all inverses, can't we?
 
Thank you very much for your advice and suggestion

Please show me your sample solution draft
so that I can improve my calculus skills

I fact I would like to draw the curve line or point by point
 
Last edited by a moderator: