1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other How to write an IEEE level research paper?

1. Aug 1, 2016 #1
    So I want to write a research paper and publish it before I complete my engineering degree this year. I have selected the topic which is "Analysis of the voltage regulation of Self excited induction generator using STATCOM". I have collected all the resources required and am also doing research. But I don't know where to start? I haven't prepared abstract yet. Your academic guidance will be highly appreciated, if detailed.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 1, 2016 #2

billy_joule

Science Advisor

The abstract is the last thing you write.
    Where exactly are you stuck? There is a plethora of great resources around, googling 'how to write a research paper' is a good start.
    Do you have a supervisor? Have you written a research proposal? Have you done a literature review?

4. Aug 1, 2016 #3

DrSteve

Gold Member

Do you have results? Do they make sense? Is your work advancing science in a meaningful way? Do others publish on the topic? If it's just reporting on some simulations then you'll have a hard time even if you can answer yes to the above questions.

5. Aug 1, 2016 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

If you want to publish, then you should have read quite some research papers before. You'll need to copy their style mostly.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted