Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators How to write Upper Case letters in TI-89

Tags:
  1. Sep 4, 2012 #1
    Hello am interested how to write upper case letters in TI-89

I have read the manual how to write the upper case letters but whenever i press enter the calculator doesent show the upper case letters on the sceen instead it only writes lower case letters.

For example i press white upper arrow and press the letter key, calculator then shows the upper case letter in the modifying smaller lower section of the screen but when i press enter it shows only lower case letters in the fixed larger part of the screen.

the same thing happens if i use white upper arrow key and alpha key combined , i write several upper case letters on the calculator, then press enter and the calculator writes lower case letters on the screen.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2012 #2
    It seems the issue is that the calculator is parsing the characters as the name of a variable which only allows lowercase letters. If you place a quotation symbol around the text, there will be no modifications to your input :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook