Mastering TI-89 Programming for Cartesian to Spherical Coordinate Conversion

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of the TI-89 Titanium graphing calculator to convert cartesian coordinates into spherical coordinates. The TI-89 is a powerful calculator commonly used in math, science, and engineering fields, and is popular among high school and college students. The conversation also mentions the use of temporary input functions and the inconvenience of assigning multiple constants to a single letter.
GENHEN
Hey guys, I recently tried to program something to convert cartesian coordinates into spherical coordinates. I have been using the TI-89 Titanium and my limited programming ability to program it. I know of the temporary input function where x^2|x=2 makes the output 4, but how do I input multiple constants like z=ρ*cos(ψ) and x=ρ*sin(ψ)*cos(θ) without assigning it to a letter with the arrow → (because I know how to do that, except later it gets quite annoying when every time you use that letter, it keeps using the old inputs from the program >_<).

Computer science news on Phys.org
The TI-89 is a graphing calculator made by Texas Instruments. It is the successor to the TI-83 and is the first in the TI-89 series. The TI-89 is a powerful calculator that can be used for many different purposes. The TI-89 is a popular calculator used in the fields of mathematics, science, and engineering.

Although it is a graphing calculator, it can also be used for non-graphing related problems. The TI-89 is used by a large percentage of high school and college students. Many teachers in high school and college require their students to use a TI-89 in their classes. It is a common calculator for many middle school and high school math and science classes.

1. How do I enter programs into the TI-89 calculator?

To enter a program into the TI-89 calculator, press the "PRGM" button and select "New" to create a new program. Then, use the arrow keys to navigate and the "ALPHA" button to enter letters and symbols. Press "ENTER" after each line of code. Finally, press "F6" to execute the program.

2. How do I edit and debug programs on the TI-89 calculator?

To edit a program on the TI-89 calculator, press the "PRGM" button and select the program you want to edit. Then, use the arrow keys to navigate to the line of code you want to change and use the "ALPHA" button to enter new code. To debug a program, use the "TRACE" button to step through the program line by line and use the "ENTER" and "CLEAR" buttons to halt or exit the program.

3. Can I save and transfer programs on the TI-89 calculator?

Yes, you can save programs on the TI-89 calculator by pressing the "PRGM" button, selecting "New" and then "Save". You can also use a USB cable to transfer programs from your computer to the calculator using a program such as TI Connect.

4. Are there any resources for learning how to program on the TI-89 calculator?

Yes, there are many online tutorials and guides available for learning how to program on the TI-89 calculator. You can also refer to the user manual or attend workshops or classes to learn more about programming on the calculator.

5. Can I create and use functions in programs on the TI-89 calculator?

Yes, you can create and use functions in programs on the TI-89 calculator. To create a function, use the "FUNCTION" button and enter the function name, variables, and the function definition. To use a function in a program, use the "FN" button followed by the function name and variables.