How would I reverse this equation?

• Thread starter deco05ie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reverse
In summary, to find the numbers 52, 79, 0, and 66 from the given number 56594307 and base 95, you can use the same procedure as converting from decimal to binary. This involves dividing the number by 95 until the quotient is less than 95, with the remainder at each step representing the coefficients of the powers of 95. This process can also be reversed to convert from the block number back to text.
deco05ie
52x95^0 + 79x95^1 + 0x95^2 + 66x95^3 = 56594307.

Let's say I'm given 56594307 and 95. How would I find
out the numbers 52,79,0 and 66?

Basically if you read the first section of this link
9.4.1 Text Blocking
http://www.math.mtu.edu/mathlab/COURSES/holt/dnt/phi4 .
html

I can make a program that can convert from text to
the block number but I don't know how to go from the
block number back to text. Sorry if this is something
really simple that I'm missing.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
This is the same as writing the number in a base 95 numeration system.
So you can use the same procedure used to convert from decimal to binary notation.
You divide the number by 95 repeatedly until the quotient is less than 95.
The reminders for each step are the coefficients of the powers of 95 (first reminder is the coefficient of 95^0 and so on).

Thanks, it worked.

1. How do I reverse an equation?

To reverse an equation, you need to isolate the variable you want to solve for on one side of the equation. This can be done by using inverse operations, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing both sides of the equation by the same number.

2. Can I reverse any equation?

Yes, in most cases, an equation can be reversed. However, some equations may have restrictions or special conditions that make it impossible to reverse them.

3. What is the purpose of reversing an equation?

Reversing an equation is a common method used in solving mathematical problems. It allows you to find the value of a variable that satisfies the equation, making it easier to solve complex problems.

4. Is there a specific order to reverse an equation?

The order in which you reverse an equation depends on the type of equation and the operations involved. In general, you should start by cancelling out any constants or coefficients, followed by simplifying any expressions within parentheses or brackets, and finally solving for the variable.

5. Are there any tips for reversing equations?

One helpful tip for reversing equations is to always perform the same operation on both sides of the equation. This ensures that the equation remains balanced and the solution is accurate. It is also important to check your solution by plugging it back into the original equation to verify its correctness.