Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HVDC system based on VSC technology built with IGBTs.

1. Oct 18, 2013 #1
    attachment.php?attachmentid=63078&stc=1&d=1382110667.jpg

In the above fig the arrow indicates that just reactive power is following in and out from the AC1 & AC2. Does it mean that there is no real power follow from AC1 & AC2.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2013 #2

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Reactive power always flows out and back; they are just making it clear that it has to be accounted for.

The bidirectional arrow labeled real power indicates that real power may be drawn from AC 1 or 2.

4. Oct 20, 2013 #3
    Hello! thanks for your response. Could you please answer to my following question?

There is only one bidirectional arrow at the transformer near AC1 & AC2 which indicates reactive power can follow in and out the transformer. Can I add one more bidirectional arrow at the transformer to represent real power follow? Because I think, not only reactive power but also real power is following in and out the transformer.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook