1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I am in search of an alternate Physics book.

1. Nov 16, 2011 #1

Aic

I am currently an eleventh grade student attending high school and I must say, I have the worst Physics teacher at my school. It is very very hard to keep up with her and such. I am in look for a book that will help me understand the problems in greater depth. At the moment I am completely lost in Physics and hoping that this book will help me find my way back on track. I don't know what to call my course of Physics. I'm guessing it's general Physics. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2011 #2
    You'll probably get better answers, but personally, I like Conceptual Physics by Paul Hewitt. I used it a year or so ago when I was just learning physics, and it teaches the concepts without teaching huge mathematical equations. After you get the concepts down, it's pretty simple to do the mathematics.

4. Nov 17, 2011 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Which book are you using now?

5. Nov 17, 2011 #4

Aic

I currently have the Holt Physics book provided by school.

6. Nov 17, 2011 #5

Aic

I want a book that is sort of like a Princeton Review book.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook