1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I am thinking of opting Electrical engineering for physics

1. Jul 6, 2015 #1
    I am getting an integrated MTech degree in Electrical engineering I have always been interested in Physics, but I opted EE. I mean it is the time of admissions and I am talking about the choices i have. I chose integrated msc over mtech. I want to know if I can pursue research in Physics after that.. I know all the perks of being an engineer job and career wise, but I am only concerned about a research career in Physics.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2015 #2
    You probably need to ask people familiar with your more local educational system.

In the US, persuing a PhD in physics with a masters in EE is possible, but would likely take time for the student to catch up and pass the PhD qualifying exams.

A person with a masters in EE may also get hired onto a physics research project if their particular skill set was needed.

4. Jul 6, 2015 #3
    Thanks for the Advice mam. I am from India.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook