I can only find the value of A-y-component

  • Thread starter Thread starter frozen7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Value
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
frozen7
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
After separate the diagram to several parts, I can only find the value of A-y-component = 175N by taking moment at C. But how come I can't get that value if I use F-y component = 0??
 

Attachments

  • structures.JPG
    structures.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 602
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes i know what you mean. In the 2nd member BDC, the Cy component has the same line of action as the Dy component by the disk, therefore making it has the same magnitude or modulus. Looks like a non-null resultant, like there's no equilibrium.

I will check again later, in case i miscalculated.
 
Last edited:
frozen7 said:
Is the given answer correct or false?

I will have to get back to you with a proper answer later today or tomorrow, i have some work plans that require my inmediate attention.