I don't know if this the wrong section, but

• Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date
I am just wondering, in all of my professor's office, they have a huge collection of textbooks. Did they purchase them or did the university provide the books for them.

I am actually thinking of keeping some o mf textbooks and not selling them

Answers and Replies

jtbell
Mentor
Publishers provide free copies of textbooks to instructors who use them in their courses, and often to instructors who are evaluating different books to decide which ones to use in their courses. I also buy books that I think might be useful or interesting, even if I don't plan to use them in a course.

I've also been collecting textbooks, If I use a textbook in a class that I think would make a great reference for a given subject sometime down the road, I will hold onto it. The amount of money you get for selling back used books isn't usually worth giving up a good book

Don't know about your professor. But I would recommend keeping your textbooks if you are a physics major. I guess you can get by with the internet, but I'm always referencing my texts on mechanics, em, calculus, and linear algebra. If you sell them you will be kicking yourself in two years when you get a problem and know that it was solved in ch. 9 of some book you used to have.