I don't remember the name of this optical device

In summary, Giulio is looking for the name of a device made of mirrors that can disrupt the sense of depth. He found some videos and a website about it in the past but can no longer remember the name. It is essentially two periscopes working together.
giuliopepe
Hi,
time ago I found some Youtube videos and a website about this kind of device made of mirrors that invert the light coming from an object, and the effect (even if I don't remember precisely) should be to disrupt the sense of depth. This is a quickly made illustration of this device:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2927/opticaldevice.jpg

I decided to build it, but I cannot find anymore the videos and the website, since I forgot its name!

Could someone help me to find its name?

Cheers,
Giulio

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
I don't know what the name of the whole unit is but it is two periscopes.

Hello Giulio,

Thank you for sharing your interest in this optical device. From your description and illustration, it seems like you are referring to a periscope. A periscope is a device that uses mirrors to reflect light and allow the user to see around objects or over walls. It is commonly used in submarines or tanks, but can also be used as a toy or for other purposes such as the one you mentioned.

I hope this helps you in your search for the videos and website. If you have any further questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to reach out. Best of luck with your project!

1. What is an optical device?

An optical device is any instrument or tool that uses light to manipulate, analyze, or transmit information. This can include lenses, mirrors, prisms, microscopes, telescopes, and more.

2. How does an optical device work?

The specific workings of an optical device depend on its design and purpose. Generally, an optical device uses the principles of optics, or the behavior of light, to achieve its function. This can involve refraction, reflection, diffraction, or polarization of light.

3. What are some common examples of optical devices?

Some common examples of optical devices include eyeglasses, cameras, projectors, laser pointers, and barcode scanners. These devices use light in different ways to help us see, capture images, or gather data.

4. How is an optical device different from an electronic device?

An optical device uses light to perform its function, while an electronic device uses electrical currents. In some cases, both types of devices may be used together, such as in a digital camera that uses a lens to focus light onto an electronic sensor.

5. Are there any limitations to using optical devices?

Like any technology, optical devices have limitations. These can include factors such as the quality of the materials used, the precision of the manufacturing process, and the design of the device. Additionally, optical devices may be affected by factors such as light intensity, temperature, and humidity.