I got to write my first seminar. The topic is suppose to be about

• Thread starter Vanja-m
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Topic
In summary, the conversation revolves around a seminar on catalysts in material engineering. The person is seeking ideas and resources for their topic. There is a mention of Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis as a potential area to explore.
Vanja-m
I got to write my first seminar. The topic is suppose to be about catalysts in material engineering. I was wondering if someone could give me some ideas about what to write, or maybe post me some internet pages where I could look for this topic.

Thank you!

Engineering news on Phys.org

Vanja-m said:
I got to write my first seminar. The topic is suppose to be about catalysts in material engineering. I was wondering if someone could give me some ideas about what to write, or maybe post me some internet pages where I could look for this topic.

Thank you!

There must be a wealth of material out there that satisfies the criteria you must meet.What have you found so far?

Vanja-m said:

Thank you!
As in the structure of catalysts? Or the durability? Or the type of synthesis they enable?

One could look into Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis.

1. What should my seminar topic be about?

The topic of your seminar should be something that interests you and is relevant to your field of study. It could be about a current research topic, a new technology, or a problem that needs to be solved.

2. How do I choose a specific focus for my seminar?

One way to choose a specific focus for your seminar is to do some research on your general topic and see if there are any specific areas that have not been explored or need more attention. You could also consult with your advisor or colleagues for their input.

3. What is the purpose of a seminar?

The purpose of a seminar is to present and discuss a specific topic or research project in depth with a group of experts and peers. It is a way to share knowledge, get feedback, and engage in critical thinking and discussion about a particular subject.

4. How do I structure my seminar presentation?

A typical seminar presentation includes an introduction, a literature review, a description of the research project or topic, results and findings, a discussion of the implications and significance of the research, and a conclusion. It is important to have a clear and organized structure to guide your audience through your presentation.

5. How do I prepare for questions and discussion during my seminar?

To prepare for questions and discussion during your seminar, it is important to thoroughly research and understand your topic. Anticipate potential questions and prepare answers, as well as gather evidence and examples to support your arguments. It is also helpful to practice your presentation and anticipate potential areas of confusion or debate. Remember to stay calm and open-minded during the discussion and be ready to engage in critical thinking and constructive feedback.