1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I have this object avoidance robot, who is supposed to detect cans and

1. Mar 14, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I have this object avoidance robot, who is supposed to detect cans and push them out of a ring. It has two optical sensors, one looking left (C1) and one looking right (C2). I also have two timers which are triggered simultaneously when the robot goes over the ring line. Time 1 (T1) is the time the robot should turn around for (by turning to the left) and timer 2 (T2) is the time it should go forward for to reach the center of the circle. These are connected to two motors, left motor (LM) and right motor (RM). If a can is not detected the robot must do a search by turning to the left. When it has a can in front of it, it must push it until it is out of the ring, then return to the center.

I need to sort out the logic...I have tried so many times, but it doesn't make sense to me.
    If you know the Boolean expression for these, that would be great.

jkmj.jpg

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2013 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

To fill out the table, you don't need boolean expressions. For each row, determine what the inputs mean, and determine which motors should be powered.
    As an example, the first row means no timer is running, and Comp1 and Comp2 (the sensors)? are 0 (does not see anything?). What should the robot do?

After the table is full, you can try to express this with boolean expressions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted