I have this object avoidance robot, who is supposed to detect cans and

• Thread starter qablos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Robot
In summary, the conversation discusses a project involving an object avoidance robot with two optical sensors, two timers, and two motors. The robot's goal is to detect cans and push them out of a ring. The timers are triggered when the robot goes over the ring line, and they control the robot's movements. If a can is not detected, the robot must turn left to search for one. Once a can is found, the robot must push it out of the ring and return to the center. The conversation also mentions the need to determine the logic and boolean expressions for the robot's movements.
qablos

Homework Statement

I have this object avoidance robot, who is supposed to detect cans and push them out of a ring. It has two optical sensors, one looking left (C1) and one looking right (C2). I also have two timers which are triggered simultaneously when the robot goes over the ring line. Time 1 (T1) is the time the robot should turn around for (by turning to the left) and timer 2 (T2) is the time it should go forward for to reach the center of the circle. These are connected to two motors, left motor (LM) and right motor (RM). If a can is not detected the robot must do a search by turning to the left. When it has a can in front of it, it must push it until it is out of the ring, then return to the center.

I need to sort out the logic...I have tried so many times, but it doesn't make sense to me.
If you know the Boolean expression for these, that would be great.

jkmj.jpg

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
To fill out the table, you don't need boolean expressions. For each row, determine what the inputs mean, and determine which motors should be powered.
As an example, the first row means no timer is running, and Comp1 and Comp2 (the sensors)? are 0 (does not see anything?). What should the robot do?

After the table is full, you can try to express this with boolean expressions.

1. How does the object avoidance robot detect cans?

The object avoidance robot uses sensors, such as ultrasonic or infrared sensors, to detect the presence of cans. These sensors send out waves that bounce off the cans and return to the robot, allowing it to determine the distance and location of the cans.

2. What happens if the robot encounters multiple cans at once?

If the robot encounters multiple cans at once, it will use its programming and algorithms to prioritize and avoid the closest cans first. It may also use its sensors to scan the area and create a map of the cans' locations to plan its avoidance path.

3. Can the robot detect other objects besides cans?

Yes, the robot can be programmed to detect and avoid other objects besides cans. It can be equipped with sensors that can detect various types of objects, such as walls, furniture, or other obstacles, and navigate around them accordingly.

4. How accurate is the object detection of the robot?

The accuracy of the object detection depends on the type and quality of the sensors used, as well as the programming and algorithms of the robot. With advanced sensors and precise programming, the robot can have a high accuracy in detecting and avoiding cans.

5. Can the object avoidance robot be controlled remotely?

Yes, some object avoidance robots can be controlled remotely using a smartphone or computer. This allows for more precise control and monitoring of the robot's movements and detection capabilities.