I heard that someone can go blind from masterbaitng too much

• Thread starter decibel
  • Start date
LOL! Maybe it does have an affect on eyesight.

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Since this is a science forum maybe we could scientifically answer decibel's questions. Perhaps a lab experiment could bring insight into this subject. Decibel has already proposed the hypothesis in his questions. All that is need to do now is setup the experiment and write up a lab report with the following sections - purpose, procedure, equipment, data and calculations, graphs, error anaylsis and conclusion.

Whoever decides to do this can submit their findings to this thread.

jimmy p
Gold Member
what do you mean? should we inject sperm into peoples eyes and see

a) what happens when sperm enters the eye
b) How many colours of faeces can be beaten out of you

Do we measure body proportions and projectile distance to see if it is actually possible for sperm to enter the eye? Or do we find a subtle undiscovered link between the penis (hehe) and the eyes or back? For that matter, how does masturbation cause back problems, unless you masturbate in awkward spine twisting positions...

OOH see the effect of masturbating while

a) Reading the Kama Sutra and 'having a go yourself'
b) Masturbation while practising back-wrenching yoga'
c) A mixture of both

Who wants to volunteer first?

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by dduardo
All that is need to do now is... and conclusion.
Imagine a jar sitting there on the table in front of a nice three-panel science fair presentation. The jar is labeled "Jar of Conclusions."

Better yet, you could recycle the conclusion and use it to glue the papers to your nice three-panel science fair presentation.

- Warren

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
chroot, thats a great idea. We could then sell our secret super adhesive formula to the Scotch Tape company. We'll be millionaires in no time.

ok i have an idea, here it is
someone in this forum masterbaites 7 times a day for 7 days, and then tell us the effects

deal?

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Originally posted by Andy
LOL! Maybe it does have an affect on eyesight.
You keep doing that and you'll develop dyslexia!

Sounds worse than hairy palms, or (I seem to remember) zits.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by selfAdjoint
You keep doing that and you'll develop dyslexia!
What's lysdexia?

- Warren

BoulderHead
Originally posted by chroot
What's lysdexia?

- Warren

LOL, lysdexia

Furthermore, I can't believe I actually agree with Zero! This really is a crazy universe!

How did I not notice Gale17 was gone?!

selfAdjoint is 70?! He/she's got to be one of like three 70yo on the whole net.

Monique(?) said that 'reading in the dark gives you bad eyesight' is an old wives tale, that's not true is it? It makes sense to me. And lets not forget that not all old wives tales are not true, they proved the one about 'starving a flu and feeding a cold' (I think that's how it goes).

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The only thing is that you'd have to strain your eyes, since it is difficult to focus in the dark. The difficulty of focussing can give you a headache or tired eyes, but it won't cause damage.

Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Originally posted by Zero
Did we really need a thread of this type?
absolutely...no need to make such an important and frequent act shameful...

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Originally posted by Kerrie
absolutely...no need to make such an important and frequent act shameful...
Kerrie, sounds like you have quite a bit of experience. Perhaps you would be interested in participating in a scientific endevour pertaining to the effects of frequent masturbation. jimmy p has outlined a possible procedure for males. Now we need someone from the opposite sex to propose a procedure for the females.

Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Kerrie, sounds like you have quite a bit of experience. Perhaps you would be interested in participating in a scientific endevour pertaining to the effects of frequent masturbation. jimmy p has outlined a possible procedure for males. Now we need someone from the opposite sex to propose a procedure for the females.
dduardo...sounds like you have an avid interest in female masturbation due to the lack of female contact in your own social life...perhaps you can acquire a little class and discuss this subject with more maturity:wink:

Originally posted by Kerrie
dduardo...sounds like you have an avid interest in female masturbation due to the lack of female contact in your own social life...perhaps you can acquire a little class and discuss this subject with more maturity:wink:
I wouldn't say that's odd.. In fact I think it's safe to say that ALL guys have a fascination with female masturbation:wink:

I too would love to examine this study.. bet the Kinsey report will have nothing on it.

so i see i was RIGHT, it does make you go blind, as sonny proved in his post, but it seems rather unofficial

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by decibel
so i see i was RIGHT, it does make you go blind, as sonny proved in his post, but it seems rather unofficial
[?] if I write the opposite, is it proven too? Just to get the facts straight, if mastrubation makes you go blind, intercourse would too.

You guys seem so perverted talking about it.. many experiments have been done on people having intercourse, it is not a wild thing. In the Biology forum there was a thread, where researchers looked at neural brain activity during orgasm.

HEEHEE, she said the O word!

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Monique,

You said intercourse... heh heh.... twice... heh... heh heh...

- Warren

lol that worked well!

SO with my return i wonder which thread i should post in first....

yeah no competition... MASTURBATION...

anyways, to any one who's actually interested, i've actually been doing a pretty serious study of masturbation. I'm thinking of writing a paper sometime. On the side, i've also been delving into orgasms in general. Especially the differenced between 'g-pot' orgasms, and the traditional orgasm. Also, just for fun i've still been toying with "mental sex" and "mental orgasms" and i think i may be able to verify at the very least "mental masturbation."

Also, i thought about putting some info about female orgasms here... but after rereading what i'd written... i think it may have been too informative...

Gon on love, share your thoughts with the rest of us.

NateTG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Originally posted by Monique
Just to get the facts straight, if mastrubation makes you go blind, intercourse would too.
Actually, there are indications that the two are physiologically different.

I think it was in an article in nature in '98 or something linke that.