I need the acoustic properties of all materials more specifically carbon fiber

• Thread starter pokaphace
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Does anybody know the acoustic properties of carbon fiber. I've used google extensively but I've had no success. Is there a well known reference book within the materials engineering realm that gives the sound absorption coefficient (also known as the Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC)) of varius materials?

Answers and Replies

Carbon Fiber is typically an anisotropic composite material and also can use many different kinds of bonding agents, lattice geometry, laminate layers, etc. I don't think you will find any general material property values for a composite material such as carbon fiber.

Carbon Fiber is typically an anisotropic composite material and also can use many different kinds of bonding agents, lattice geometry, laminate layers, etc. I don't think you will find any general material property values for a composite material such as carbon fiber.
Do you know if carbon fiber absorbs sound better than fiberglass?

SFB

Anyone knows the acoustic impedance of paper. I mean the paper that is used to make a paper box?