Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I.Q. Test - Certified and 15 minutes

1. May 11, 2009 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2009 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Real IQ tests are administered by psychologists/psychiatrists and are not a simple speed test. While it may be fun to test yourself to see how many you get right, it is not an IQ test.

4. May 11, 2009 #3
    Amen.

5. May 11, 2009 #4
    Sounds like someone didn't get as high as they thought they would :wink:

6. May 11, 2009 #5
    95 with all answers randomly selected .

7. May 11, 2009 #6
    138 with none of the answers randomly selected.

8. May 11, 2009 #7
    i got 105 the first time and 127 the second.

hmm, the average maybe? :rofl:

9. May 11, 2009 #8
    I'd call it 232.

10. May 11, 2009 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

hehehe, i like how they offer some stupid test that's "Our most difficult IQ test!" Someones missing the point of IQ tests...

11. May 11, 2009 #10

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I scored 187. I think it was a bit low, but I finished it while making dinner for the kids (souffle de Saint-Ange); I guess I was distracted.

12. May 11, 2009 #11
    wow. 18.7 that's higher than I would have guessed.

13. May 11, 2009 #12
    Harder than seeing how high you can score is seeing how low you can score by randomly pressing things. I managed to get an 84 after 2 attempts but was in the 90's for the first 2. Apparently people with IQs lower than 90 (which they call "average") score worse than a chimp randomly pressing buttons.

14. May 11, 2009 #13
    by missing on purpose I got a 76.

15. May 11, 2009 #14

CRGreathouse

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Similarly, I got a 91 by selecting random choices. Maybe we need to try intelligently selecting wrong answers to get a low score? Or maybe random selections after waiting the full period?

16. May 11, 2009 #15

CRGreathouse

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Real IQ tests are mostly a joke. Fake IQ tests are entirely a joke. :approve:

17. May 11, 2009 #16
    I was also thinking about it and if all IQ tests would give similar score if all the answers are randomly chosen.

18. May 11, 2009 #17
    I got 124; not surprising if you read the membership details :)

From their website,

"To join, you can take one of our two IQ tests online, or you can submit proof of IQ at 124 or above by mailing in professional test scores. "
    "There is a one-time, lifetime membership fee of $79 USD."

19. May 12, 2009 #18
    I'm pretty sure the questions on a real IQ test are specifically designed not to give preferential treatment to any particular knowledge about the world...whereas this one has a whole section dedicated to random world knowledge!

20. May 12, 2009 #19

Evo

Exactly! This test is bogus! As if that wasn't already obvious. :rolleyes:

21. May 12, 2009 #20

Evo

I was professionally tested at age 11 with an IQ of 185, at the request of my new 6th grade teacher to find out why my books had been taken away from me since the age of 8 because as she was told by other teachers "Evo will get ahead of the rest of the class unless you take her books away". My parents were told that public school had nothing to offer me and suggested private boarding schools for the "academically able" that required a minimum professionally tested IQ of 140 to even be considered, but not guaranteed, you had to pass further assessments.

I decided to stay in public school and be jumped, I finished high school at 14.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook