I think human population is too much.

In summary, Chitose believes that the current state of the world's weather is due to the high human population and their consumption of Earth's resources. They suggest that the only ways to save the Earth are to reduce consumption or reduce the human population. Chitose also mentions their sci-fi novel where a strict population control law is enforced in order to preserve the planet. They end by saying that they might not have a child in their lifetime but may adopt one.
Chitose
Hello, Chitose here

this is first time I post 'talk' instead of 'question'

well, you know that world weather these day is gone haywire.
so... most of people know what the cause (Global worming, El Niño, bla bla bla)

but what the main root of all this problem?

Here's what I think

as topic says, Human population is too high. 75 billion is too much for earth.
why?
single human consume Earth resource far greater than any single animal. Electricity, food, water, gas, pollution etc...
In short, we eat too much than we should.

Only two way to save the Earth is...
1. Reduce our consumption or...
2. Reduce our number (I didn't mean kill, but keep death rate higher than birth rate for a few hundred years, than keep it balancing)

If we can't do any of it, world will doom for sure, sooner or later. (Alien will came to eliminate human to save the Earth for sure this time 555)

the absolute fact is ... If Nature died so is human but If human died Nature still survive.

I know that all species is also increase in population, but nature have their way to keep it balance, unlike human that deviate form nature.

well, I'm a novelist ... sci-fi that is.

In my novel, human move to another planet and learn the mistake that they did, so human new society create extremely strict law, 'Population birth and death on planet MUST BE EQUAL' to not make burden for planet.
only way too increase human population is onto space, on colony.

in case you ask, Yes, I too willingly not to have a child the rest of my life... but I might abduct some kid :)

well, I talk too much.

I say what I want to say now.

see you again when I have another silly question.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org

Hi Chitose, it's nice to meet you. I agree with your thoughts on human population being a major factor in the current state of the world's weather. It's definitely a complex issue with no easy solution. I think reducing our consumption and finding more sustainable ways to live is important, but it's also a difficult change to make on a global scale. Your sci-fi novel sounds interesting, and it's definitely thought-provoking to imagine a society where population control is strictly enforced. Thanks for sharing your perspective on this topic. See you around the forum!

What is the current human population?

The current estimated human population is around 7.8 billion people as of 2021.

How does the human population impact the environment?

The human population has a significant impact on the environment through factors such as resource consumption, pollution, and habitat destruction. As the population grows, these impacts also increase and can lead to issues like climate change, loss of biodiversity, and depletion of natural resources.

Is the human population still growing?

Yes, the human population is still growing, but the rate of growth has slowed down compared to previous years. It is projected to reach around 9.8 billion by 2050 and may continue to grow beyond that.

What are the consequences of overpopulation?

Overpopulation can lead to various consequences, including strain on resources, environmental degradation, and social and economic issues. It can also lead to competition for resources, conflicts, and increased poverty and inequality.

How can we address the issue of overpopulation?

There is no easy solution to the issue of overpopulation, but some strategies that can help include promoting access to education and healthcare, empowering women, promoting sustainable consumption and production, and implementing policies that encourage responsible family planning.