Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I watched king arthur!

1. Jul 20, 2004 #1
    Hi all.
    I watched king arthur and i find it to be a good movie. Anyone has anything to comment on the movie? I especially liked the battle scenes. It's unlike Troy(where most of the time you have 2 contingent of men just charging forward and then clashing and killing). 1 thing i don't quite understand. Is the story as depicted in the movie the true reflection of part of the legend?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2004 #2
    I like the part where they build this rather large Trojan horse, only it's a rabbit, and they carefully manoeuvre it beside the French castle, and then go off into the bushes and wait. The French soldiers then open the castle doors, furtively come out, and wheel the Trojan rabbit into the castle. After a while, King Arthur wonders what's going to happen next, and so Sir Bedevere answers, "Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!" King Arthur asks, "Who leaps out?" Sir Bedevere, pointing to each knight as he names him, replies, "Uh... Launcelot, Galahad, and I.... uh, leap out of the rabbit, uh, and, uh...." At which point King Arthur groans, and Sir Bedevere finally gets it, but can't help from trying to retrieve the situation with this idea: "Oh... um, look, if we built this large wooden Badger...." And then King Arthur wallops Sir Bedevere on the head.

4. Jul 20, 2004 #3
    To me it seemed very cut-down, like I was only seeing half the movie. I'd like to see the director's cut, or whatever they call the longer DVD version.

5. Jul 21, 2004 #4
    LOL, Monty Python and the Holy Grail anticipated Troy (2004) and King Arthur (2004) by 20 years! Those guys are geniuses!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?