1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IB Extended Essay Ideas (viscosity)?

1. Apr 14, 2017 #1
    I'm starting the extended essay and have decided to explore more on finding the viscosity of newtonian liquids. However I was told by my supervisor that this topic is too broad, and that I should come up with a more specific topic/research question— one that possibly relates to a real life, everyday situation (if possible). He suggested to refine my research to exploring the different methods of finding viscosity and determine which one is more accurate. I, however, still think that this topic is not suitable to be an extended essay research question.

Anyone can help with how I can turn this into an extended essay suitable topic?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Veritasium posted a video recently of 4 physics challenges and one was a mystery cylinder rolling down a ramp. His answer was quite cool and was related to viscosity.

Perhaps you could analyze the motion of the system as a project.

Here's the two video links:

and the solution:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted