Extended Essay Ideas -- F1 Racecar Aerodynamics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Ananya
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello guys! I'm currently in the IB Diploma Programme. I'm trying to narrow down my topic in Aerodynamics of an F1 car (huge fan here!). Any ideas? I was thinking more on the lines of wing deflection..
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Read this article and see if its still too big or not:

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/understanding_f1_racing/5281.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I might be wrong but I thought the extended essay is supposed to involve some level of original research. So in physics that would mean doing a simple experiment or a calculation or maybe programming and running a simple simulation of some kind. Something that you can't too easily just look up the answer to. That could be difficult with F1 aerodynamics. It's the sort of thing that teams of professional engineers would simulate on supercomputers or experiment with in wind tunnels.