If you know the wavelength of light emitted by a laser how can you know

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
kashiark
Messages
210
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


How can you know "the difference between the two lasing energy levels?"


Homework Equations


n(lambda) = 2(pi)r
E = hf
mvr = n(h-bar)

The Attempt at a Solution


no clue
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You know that E = hf. How is the the frequency related to the wavelength?
 
I know how to find the energy of the given wavelength, but how do I find the other lasing energy level? What is a lasing energy anyway, and why are there 2?
 
You are looking for the difference between energy levels. How is the difference related to the emitted photon energy?
 
If u r talking abt 2 levels laser, then the emitted photon energy is the same as the difference between th two lasing levels
 
The two are equivalent; so the lasing energy levels are just the levels that the electrons jump to release the photon?
 
That's simple enough; I was just confused over the terminology; thanks!