Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ignorance about a particle in a box

1. Apr 25, 2015 #1
    Lets suppose we have an object but we cannot tell anything about it.Energy,speed anything you can imagine.If theres no speed or energy,Is this means we cant tell object situation in physics Is that possible.Cause we have a object but we cannot describe the situation of it (I mean using physics).So physics dont work in that object?

Mentor's note: In a later post, Quarlep clarified that the question he's trying to ask is:
    If we have a particle, but there's no way to detect it, does physics still work on that object?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2015 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Physics will work perfectly well on the object whether YOU know anything about it or not.

4. Apr 25, 2015 #3

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My kids are somewhere in my house but right now I don't know where they are or what they are doing. I'm hope the laws of physics still applies to them.

What was the question again?

Are you asking about..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

5. Apr 25, 2015 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

As Zz said, this is silly. Thread closed.

Please read up on the particle in a box problem before posting another iteration of it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook