Books about Particle Physics and some clarifications

In summary, a person who is not familiar with classical physics cannot build models that have several properties.
TL;DR Summary
I would like to learn particle physics to can "construct models" and learn how was constructed, logic and mathematically, how was joined several properties of one particle to one big model.
Hi hi, I would like clarify this, I'm looking for models that can support to a particles have several properties, I know classic physics, my main problem, if we have a fluid with movement forces and heat, the classic model don't support this, only independent from each other...

So, a lot of ppl say me Particle Physics can handle particles with several properties, so it should have a model that can handle all of this, following the very very simple example, a fluid with different forces and exchange heat in the route of every particle.

I'm not interested in the "theory" it self, I wan't to know how the theory is constructed to learn how can I construct new models, how the theory join several properties into one model, but can be very interesting learn about the theory too.

If someone knows something better than Particle Physics I'm open to learn.

Thx!

Physics news on Phys.org
Before your can build your own models, you should understand existing models. Before you can understand existing models, you need a solid foundation - more or less a degree in physics. What is your background?

The most complex thing I saw in university was how to construct the wave equation, in classical terms I know about, Newton, electromagnetism, wave equation, light (as electromagnetism waves), reflection, refraction, fluids, thermodynamics.
In math differential equations I know until PDE (yes, would be hard to learn wave equations without know pde).

latot said:
If someone knows something better than Particle Physics I'm open to learn.
Even if I did, I would want the Nobel Prize for myself!

You need to learn QM then. Griffiths is a popular undergraduate text. You will need to go beyond that eventually, of course.

Griffiths also has a book on particle physics which would be a logical follow up to the quantum mechanics text.

... and then QFT for the Gifted Amateur.

Ty :D for now let's eat those books.

Suggested for: Books about Particle Physics and some clarifications

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views