Books about Particle Physics and some clarifications

In summary, a person who is not familiar with classical physics cannot build models that have several properties.
latot
TL;DR Summary
I would like to learn particle physics to can "construct models" and learn how was constructed, logic and mathematically, how was joined several properties of one particle to one big model.
Hi hi, I would like clarify this, I'm looking for models that can support to a particles have several properties, I know classic physics, my main problem, if we have a fluid with movement forces and heat, the classic model don't support this, only independent from each other...

So, a lot of ppl say me Particle Physics can handle particles with several properties, so it should have a model that can handle all of this, following the very very simple example, a fluid with different forces and exchange heat in the route of every particle.

I'm not interested in the "theory" it self, I wan't to know how the theory is constructed to learn how can I construct new models, how the theory join several properties into one model, but can be very interesting learn about the theory too.

If someone knows something better than Particle Physics I'm open to learn.

Thx!

Physics news on Phys.org
Before your can build your own models, you should understand existing models. Before you can understand existing models, you need a solid foundation - more or less a degree in physics. What is your background?

The most complex thing I saw in university was how to construct the wave equation, in classical terms I know about, Newton, electromagnetism, wave equation, light (as electromagnetism waves), reflection, refraction, fluids, thermodynamics.
In math differential equations I know until PDE (yes, would be hard to learn wave equations without know pde).

latot said:
If someone knows something better than Particle Physics I'm open to learn.
Even if I did, I would want the Nobel Prize for myself!

You need to learn QM then. Griffiths is a popular undergraduate text. You will need to go beyond that eventually, of course.

Griffiths also has a book on particle physics which would be a logical follow up to the quantum mechanics text.

... and then QFT for the Gifted Amateur.

Ty :D for now let's eat those books.

1. What is particle physics?

Particle physics is a branch of physics that studies the fundamental particles and their interactions, as well as the structure and behavior of matter at the subatomic level.

2. What are some popular books about particle physics?

Some popular books about particle physics include "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, "The Particle at the End of the Universe" by Sean Carroll, and "The Quantum Universe" by Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw.

3. Do I need a strong background in physics to understand these books?

While a basic understanding of physics can be helpful, most books about particle physics are written for a general audience and do not require a strong background in the subject. However, some books may be more technical than others, so it is recommended to read reviews or ask for recommendations before choosing a book.

4. Are there any online resources for learning about particle physics?

Yes, there are many online resources such as websites, videos, and online courses that can help you learn about particle physics. Some popular resources include the CERN website, the Fermilab YouTube channel, and online courses from universities like MIT and Stanford.

5. Are there any real-world applications of particle physics?

Yes, particle physics has many real-world applications, including medical imaging technologies like PET scans and MRI machines, as well as advancements in energy production and transportation. Particle accelerators, which are used in particle physics research, have also led to developments in materials science and technology.