Im a physics major and i want to specialize in opticsany

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
aryan_605
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
im a physics major and i want to specialize in optics..
any suggestions which path and university i should follow
what would a good idea as of making good money in future and also doing research by specializing in optics (physics)
 
Physics news on Phys.org


University of Rochester and University of Arizona would be among the top.
 


thank you friend...
i ultimately i want to research in meta-materials...
any university who would be doing that..
i was thinking about penn state..
how does tat sounds
 


That's a "hot" topic these days, so you could probably find lot more information that I could list here. But some other places you could look into are Duke and Purdue. I think there might be some work in this area at UC Berkely too.
 


aryan_605 said:
thank you friend...
i ultimately i want to research in meta-materials...
any university who would be doing that..
i was thinking about penn state..
how does tat sounds

I include colloidal materials/artifical opal/photonic bandgap materials under metamaterials.

I know Arjun Yodh at Penn, and he is excellent. New York university has a new soft matter group doing similar work as well. There's a guy at Emory who is good (Eric Weeks), you have quite a large pool of possibilities.