I'm going to do something. I NEED TO know if it's safe

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, tribdog is risking potentially serious injury by swallowing a magnet. Even if he does swallow one, the magnet will not be powerful enough to do anything outside of his body. Additionally, the human digestive tract is not designed to handle solid objects, and may result in injury.
Hopefully there are some ladies who've swallowed iron(steel) stuff to find him attractive!

Physics news on Phys.org
When it's ready to come out, a wrench is certainly going to hit you in the @$$!

rachmaninoff said:
http://www.chemicalland21.com/industrialchem/inorganic/NEODYMIUM CHLORIDE.htm
Nd+HCl(aq)-->NdCl3 which is very soluble in water, 96.5g/100ml.
However, Nd magnets have a thin coating of some sort to prevent oxidation. I'm not sure what it is and how long it lasts in dilute HCl.
Nd magnets usually have a nickel coating to protect them since the actual magnet material is very brittle.
I had/have some Nd magnets which I kept to near where I keep my Hydrochloric acid bottle. The fumes escaping from the HCl bottle ate away the coating, exposing the Nd-B-I magnet beneath.

You know, I'd be more worried about what the magnet could do to your insides. If you sit close enough to something metal, couldn't it just rip through your stomach/intestines to get to the inside of your skin?

tribdog said:
You S.O.B.s I've been stuck to the side of the refridgerator for the last 7 hours and no one came to check on me.

Whew, he's alive.

You didn't do it, did you?

franznietzsche said:
Whew, he's alive.
You didn't do it, did you?
no,, i thought about it though

Its not going to do anything to you. Magnetic fields can travel through your body, and do all the time. Its not going to do anything. Just don't put more than one down there.

is that a dare?

Well, if you want two of them to get suck together with a piece of your intestine inbetween them, then by all means go ahead.

P.S. I found out how to do the fill the soda can back up trick on the david blane thread. Its sick.

yeah. well I can do all of his card tricks.
back to the magnets. I didn't swallow one, so I stuck one up my nose instead I can stick things to my head now.

I want to pic!

pic or pick?

pic

character limit

Scroll to bottom of the page.

ack

http://webits3.appstate.edu/apples/health/Body_Art/piercing.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
cause if you want to pick something out of my nose, I'll let you

Evo said:
Scroll to bottom of the page.
ack
http://webits3.appstate.edu/apples/health/Body_Art/piercing.htm

That gave me the shivers...my face hurts just looking at those pics.

Last edited by a moderator: