1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm looking for a vector calculus book

1. Oct 4, 2013 #1
    I'm looking for a vector calculus book that's good for self study. I need to get some extra practice would like something with a good number of exercises covering all the regular vector calculus topics. A book as applied as possible would be nice. Any suggestions? I've used Vector Calculus by Tromba and Marsden but I gave it to my little brother for his multivariable calculus class and I didn't really like it much to begin with.

Thanks guys!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2013 #2

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Try Schey's "Div, Grad, Curl and All That". It was designed for self study, has a lot of problems (with answers), and goes into all of the details. It has a consistent instructional thread: all problems are posed in terms of solving problems in electrostatics - but he also provides the very minimal physics required: Coulomb's law.

https://www.amazon.com/Div-Grad-Curl-All-That/dp/0393925161

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted